Sunday 4 December 2011

Who do you think you are,'John'?

Ouhh pleassee. You dont just meet me in overseas,chat for 3 minutes and suddenly ask me 'Are you a JPA scholar?'. And even ask me how much do I get.

Courtesy.
Come on. It is all about courtesy. I never ask people I just meet 'Are you PAMA sponsored?' or worse 'How much your parents give you?'. It is awkward and it shows you are lack of courtesy and don't respect other people. That is exactly what I feel when you ask me. It is like bumping into a stranger in the street, talking about things, knowing he is from country as you and asking him 'so how do you support yourselves?Is someone giving you enough money?'. That is bullshit isn't?

Labelling.
And are you subconsciously seeing people walking around as JPA,MARA, self-sponsored, PET, etc? Labelling other people  proves you are just as lame as those third class minded citizen. They are closed minded and prejudice who love to stereotype and judge to make themselves feel better than the rest. Presuming those people based on their skin colour would draw you to make assumptions and shallow judgement. Yes,there is some conflicts behind those titles but let's not generalise people. I know a lot of people who are brilliant, good and hardworking which I think they really deserve the scholarship. Not because they are brown-coloured skin. They happen to be brown-coloured skin doesn't deny they are merely as good as you. Or probably better than you.

Injustice.
We are here for reasons. If you think you are not treated justly because you think you actually deserve the scholarship, think again. You and me, both are here today. If you deserve that, than you couldn't afford to be here in the first place, we won't know each other and I wont be talking about you at this moment. At the end of the day, you and me share the same dreams. Same ambitions. Same hope. How we get here shouldn't jeopardize our friendship. Corrupt our way of thinking. Limit our potentials. Fool our actions.

Please open your mind and be non prejudice. At least when the moment we meet. Because I always want to know you better regardless of our differences. Because after all we are young, happy persons who want to be better and better everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment