Wednesday 21 December 2011

We are all padawan

I did not know what padawan was until my guitar teacher referred to my lesson as 'class for young padawan' 2 days ago.At first, it sounded like kadazan or pahlawan to me. So I looked up in the dictionary and found the meaning in the urban dictionary (again).

When you call someone as padawan,  it means that someone is learning something to be good as you are. Originally it was used to refer to a Jedi pupil in Star Wars. I have watched Star Wars before but hardly remember what it is about. Well, that is how words in urban dictionary come from. I personally find those words interestingly cool.

Anyway, no matter what we do in life, the best of doing it is to do it better and better everyday. 'To live today better than yesterday' applies to all aspects of life.

Personally, I have several things on top of my list I wish I can make it better very single day.

1. Relationship with Allah: Deep in my hart I really want to have very close relationship with Allah because I know He is The King of Universe. He Owns and Controls every single thing on the earth. Only Allah we ask help from and we should believe when He says 'Ask for anything, I will answer your prayers'. Isn't sweet? He is The Most Kind and Most Gracious that if we prays for something we will get it as long as we follow what Allah asks us to do.  There are 3 ways of how Allah give us the answers.

  • He answers our prayers.
  • Not yet answered.
  • He has a better plan for us. 
How we shall believe these? 'I am of what you think of Me'. If we put a positive mindset about Allah and believe with our heart everything He says in Quran , then positive thing is what we get in return. Then the rest of the things we wish for insyaAllah will be granted.

2. Personal development :I am so impressed with those whose life are dedicated to others and give impact to their life in a positive manner. Their attributions can be anything. Pearls of wisdom, brilliant ideas,lectures or talks on inviting others to remembrance of Allah, financial helps, a caring and concerned friend, being charismatic, motivations,et cetera.

I dont mean it to be living for the sake of other people, but I believe it is how we are supposed to live, in a different. The purpose of living is one. To worship Allah or in other words, to please Allah. And of the ways is to live by contributing to others. 'You are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind' 3:110. 

The best people  here mean those those who can influence or give good deed to others. And how we reach that stage is to change ourselves first. Islam taught us a lot on tazkiyah nafsiah (cleaning ourselves) from negative thoughts,bad deeds, astray from the Creator and replace it with positive attitudes, correct creed, right life philosophy. a complete way of life. 


I am still looking forward to improving myself and having positive attitudes everyday. To be firm and confident, focused on what I am doing, be hardworking and organized, calm and responsible with my own self. Not to let obscuring, doubt, and fear get in my way to the great achievements.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment