Friday 14 October 2011

Steve Jobs and medic

The sweetest moment in my life is when I feel love and passion in things that I am doing.

Do what you love and you will love what you do.Study,job,hobbies,etc.
Honestly, it's simpler to say than doing it.

After SPM,I wasn't really sure what I wanna do in life.Life in school is easier.You were still young and didn't need to make a life decision.Sometimes you just follow what the adults told you to do,all the times you rebel everything that they asked you to do. 

When I applied for JPA SCholarship,I was pretty confident I would get it based on my results. But I have totally no idea which courses shall I apply. I know it's cliche for a 10A's student to apply for medicine after school.I didn't wanna do it because it's cliche and I have no passion for it. Yet, I ticked 'Medicine' in the JPA form because I didn't wanna miss the one and only chance to do something great in common people's eyes. I realised I was being more cliche the it already is.

The journey started sooner than I expected. By the time I realized it was moving, I have very huge dilemma being a medical student. Was I qualified enough to be responsible for someone's life?Was this the thing I really want to do in life?Would I able to take on till the very end?Unsprisingly, most of my medic friends have the same conflict. Be it the best student in my year or bottom in the list. 

The journey continued. Very small numbers dropped out and found another surface that suit them better. Some resurfaced and restarted a new one while the rest keep diving to the bottom of the ocean.

Here I am. I nearly can see the seabed after a very long diving. It is indeed the longest ever.

And I have fallen in love with medicine.

Steve Jobs has really touched my heart when he said in his speech at Stanford Commencement Ceremony 5 years before he died of tumor , "You have to find what you love....If you haven't found yet, keep looking and don't settle."

I think I have found mine. I am settled and I am going to keep looking how can I do better with my newly found love.







3 comments:

  1. Nani.. Sampai skrg aku xtau apa minta aku.. camne tuh.. aku just follow the flow... huk..

    gudluck to u!! Doakan aku dpt kerja cpt ye... huuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe,mungkin apa yang kau minat ade jek depan mata tapi tak sedar?
    All the best!Aku selalu doakan kawan2 aku dapat kerja best2 supaya dapat tumpang sekaki bila aku balik Malaysia!hehehe

    ReplyDelete